Planning & Zoning Public Hearing
A Public Hearing will be held on September 27, 2017 in the
Abita Springs Conference Room at 6:00 PM.
The following issues will be heard:
- The Planning & Zoning Commission will hear a request from the Developers of the Abita Meadows Planned Unit Development, for approval of a variance of the requirement of a Grid Layout. If the variance is granted, a Resolution will be signed by the Planning & Zoning Commissioners.
- The Planning & Zoning Commission will review the Developmental Agreement between the developers of the Abita Meadows Planned Unit Development and the Town of Abita Springs. This agreement was approved by the Town Council as well as Mayor Lemons at the Town Council Meeting held on August 15, 2017. The Commission will also vote on the Adoption of the Developmental Agreement. If so passed, a Resolution will be signed at the meeting scheduled for September 27, 2017 in the Abita Springs Conference Room at 6:00 PM.
- Citadel Residential missed the August Planning & Zoning Meeting at which they were scheduled as a Public Hearing for the Re-Subdivision of Square 9 Northeast Division of Abita Springs. They will once again be placed on the agenda as a Public Hearing for the meeting which is scheduled for September 27, 2017. The maps submitted now show a total of 4 newly outlined lots, three on the Live Oak Street side and one on the Laurel Street side of the square.
- Mr. Mendheim and Associates will attend the Town of Abita Springs’s September Planning and Zoning Meeting to introduce a Conceptional plan for a new development on the 43.65-acre parcel of land named Quail Farm Trace. **Although this Public Hearing is not required, the Developers would like the concerned citizens of Abita Springs to know of the forthcoming application.
- Raley & Raley builders LLC will apply for a side line set back variance at the September planning & zoning meeting, in the Abita Springs conference room. The subject lot, lot # 3 of terrace trace subdivision, is an irregular shaped lot, thus the need for the variance. This request will be considered at the meeting held at 6 p.m. on September 27, 2017.
All interested parties are welcome to attend this meeting.